Tile in West Chester, PA
Tile is also extremely strong and durable, so it can withstand most drops and heavy foot traffic. And if you’re like most homeowners looking for tile near you in Chester, PA, the flooring professionals at Fishers Carpet One Floor & Home can help. We carry trending and timeless tile styles and trusted brands like Dal-Tile and Flordia Tile.
Tile is a popular, choice for most residences. If you’re interested in adding tile to your space, keep reading to learn more about this versatile product.
What are the Different Types of Tile?
There are three main types of tile: ceramic, porcelain, and natural stone.
- Thanks to its lighter design and affordability, ceramic tile is a favorite among homeowners and businesses.
- Ceramic is porous in nature, making it an excellent wall tile. Plus, ceramic insulates the area of installation, lowering your cooling bills!
- Ceramic tile is ideal for indoor settings and can be installed on your floors and walls.
- Porcelain is a type of ceramic tile that is much denser. For this reason, porcelain can be installed on fireplace surrounds and over radiant heated floors.
- Porcelain tile is durable enough to handle heavy foot traffic and fluctuating temperatures, making it less susceptible to cracking.
- Porcelain tile is not porous, making it impervious to moisture.
- Stone tile is made from quarried slabs of stone. For this reason, each stone tile features unique mineral patterns.
- Stone flooring is long-lasting and beautiful, but can become expensive depending on the size of the area you plan on covering.
- Most stone tile is rated for indoor and outdoor use and can be treated as stain-resistant.
Tile for the Home
Tile is one of the most popular options because of its diverse style capabilities and durability. Here are a couple ways to use tile if you want an upgrade that is as versatile as it is stylish.
- If you dream of a hardwood flooring layout throughout your space, wood-look tile is an excellent alternative flooring for high-moisture areas, e.g., kitchens and bathrooms.
- Wood-look tile comes in both ceramic and porcelain options.
- These tiles are made to replicate the look and feel of natural wood flooring but are more durable, water-resistant, and pet-friendly.
- Transform the walls of your home and use your walls differently using backsplash tile.
- Just like tile flooring, backsplash tile is easy to clean and care for.
- Choose from a variety of trending or classic tile options, like mosaics, subway tile, and geometric patterns.
- Protect your walls from spills, food splatters, and damage with a timeless wall accent that is custom to your space.
Where Can My Tile Be Installed?
Get inspired by your current interior style, or stop by our showroom and speak with one of our tile professionals. Ask us about our custom tile projects and our installation options!
Where to Install Your Tile
- Laundry Rooms
- Shower & Fireplace Surrounds
Shop Tile Near You - Fishers Carpet One
Fishers Carpet One Floor & Home in Chester, PA can fulfill your flooring and wall tile needs. Our experts can help you design the perfect tile wood-look floor or custom backsplash, and they will recommend which type of tile is best for you. We offer one of the area's best selections of tile, with top brands like Dal-tile and Flordia Tile. Plus, we offer the area’s best selection of hardwood flooring, luxury vinyl, and more! Ready to install your dream tile project? Visit our showroom or browse our online tile selection to learn more.